Current students: We are sorry that we could not open this past Friday to sign drop/add forms. You can add any Colwrit 6 or 7 course via MySummer or Telebears. If you have questions or need assistance, please come to 112 Wheeler Hall on Monday, 20 July. We will help you work with Summer Sessions to make sure you have all the credit hours you need for your visa or for financial aid.
Enjoy a day of food, sports, and leisure as we BBQ and play baseball, frisbee, and more! SELS instructors Joyce Podevyn and Matt Barclay are organizing a trip to Codornices Park for interested students.
The Park is near Berkeley Rose Garden, which has tremendous views of the bay, SF, and its bridges. Bring a camera and blankets to lay out on the lawns!
Date: Friday, July 24th, 2015.
Time: 11:30 am (meet on campus) – 3:30 pm (return to campus)
Place: Meet on the front steps of Wheeler Hall.
Transportation: AC Transit Bus 65 from campus to Codornices Park.
Cost: $10 for lunch. The bus will be free with your Cal student ID.
11:30 – 12:00 pm: travel
12:00 – 2:00 pm: BBQ, games, and chillaxing
2:00 – 3:00 pm: hike around Cordonices Park and the Rose Garden
3:00 – 3:30 pm: pack up and catch the bus back to campus
Things to bring (optional!) :
– Two layers of clothing (sweater).
– Any special snacks you might like.
– Anything you’d like to play with in the park (balls, frisbees, cards, games, etc).
– Music, music players
– Blankets for laying on the grass
Signups: Sign up and purchase tickets at the SELS Office in 112 Wheeler Hall. Tickets are available from July 13th through July 23rd. There is a maximum of 25 students that can come, so sign up quickly!
If you have questions, contact Matthew Barclay at email@example.com.
We still have openings in a few classes for non-native speakers!
Colwrit 9D: Broadway Musicals (MW 2:00-4:30)
Colwrit 9H: Multicultural California (TTh 2:00-4:30)
Colwrit 9J: Grammar and Writing Style (TTh 2:00-4:30)
Colwrit 9K: International Human Rights (MW 2:00-4:30)
Colwrit 9L: English through Film (TTh 2:00-4:30)
Colwrit 9N: Legal English and US Law (MW 9:30-12:00)
Colwrit 9O: Legal Writing (TTh 9:30-12:00)
Colwrit 9Q: English through Drama (TTh 2:00-4:30)
Colwrit 9R: Oral Presentation (TTh 2:00-4:30)
On Friday, 10 July, our office in Wheeler 112 will be open from 2:00-4:00 PM ONLY. Come by to add a class — you will need a signature to add.
Students and faculty in Summer English Language Studies are invited to a Welcome Reception!
Come meet other students and faculty of the Summer English Language Studies Program!
DATE: Thursday, July 9th, 2015
TIME: 12:00 – 14:00
LOCATION: Campanile Courtyard
Fruit, cookies and beverages will be served. Come for as little or as long as you would like! Bring your camera and student IDs if you want to go to the top of the tower for photos. Looking forward to seeing you there!
Colwrit/ESL 8 students:
Placements for ESL 8 were sent out on Friday, 03 July, to the email you listed on your exam.
If you did not receive an email, please come to 112 Wheeler Hall on Monday morning, 05 July, after 8:30 AM.
Colwrit/ESL 9 students:
We will be sending out placements for ESL 9 courses on Sunday, 05 July, to the email you listed on your exam.
If you are enrolled in 9C, 9E, 9F, 9L, 9N, 9O, or 9R and do not receive an email, please come to 112 Wheeler Hall on Monday morning, 05 July, after 8:30 AM.
If you are enrolled in any other Colwrit/ESL9 course, please go directly to the classroom listed on your original schedule.
Colwrit/ESL 6 students:
The deadline for you to take the placement exam is 15 July.
FYI: Non-I-House residents can buy tickets. BART tickets are free only for I-House residents.
We have spaces in the following courses starting on July 6:
- CW 9B Academic Vocabulary, MW 2:00-4:30, 3 units, CCN 27230
- CW 9C Academic Writing, MW 2:00-4:30, 3 units, CCN 27250
- CW 9D Broadway Musicals, MW 2:00-4:30, 3 units, CCN 27255
- CW 9E Business English, TuTh 2:00-4:30, 3 units, CCN 27275
- CW 9F Business Speaking MW 2:00-4:30, 3 units, CCN 27295
- CW 9H English, Research & Multicultural California; TuTh 2:00-4:30; 3 units; CCN 27300
- CW9J Grammar & Academic Writing Style, TuTh 2:00-4:30, 3 units, CCN 27315
- CW9N Legal English and US Law, MW 9:00-12:00, 3 units, CCN 27368
- CW9O Legal Writing, TuTh 9:00-12:00, 3 units, CCN 27375
- CW 9Q English through Drama, TuTh 2:00-4:30, 3 units, CCN 27385
- CW 9L English through Film, TuTh 2:00-4:30, 3 units, CCN 27340
- CW 9R Oral Presentation, TuTh 2:00-4:30, 3 units, CCN 27400
Please note, these courses are designed and designated for multilingual students.
If so, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and include your full name and the course you enrolled in.
We will set up an account so that you can take the placement exam.