Summer 2018: Exciting Course Offerings!
Do you need to improve your English for school or work purposes? Take the next step in your academic or professional career with Summer English Language Studies!
Our elite program includes:
- challenging classes for motivated students, with engaging topics for even the most advanced of learners
- uniquely qualified instructors with expertise in teaching English for a variety of specific purposes
- communicative teaching methods supported by research in language learning
We are experienced with taking your learning beyond the classroom too, with unique fieldwork assignments that will help you apply classroom concepts as you explore the Bay Area. At our historic campus with world-class libraries, facilities, and special events, you will have all the resources you need to succeed!
This summer, we are introducing two new exciting levels of study:
- Prepare, with classes ideal for undergraduate students, set up to help you prepare for academic work in English.
- Refine, with classes ideal for working professionals and graduate students, set up to offer a unique challenge at the advanced level you need. These sections are reserved for higher level students based on our in-house placement exam.
Our programs are designed to fit your schedule; we offer both three and six week programs, as well as online classes. With over 65 classes to meet your unique needs and interests, we are sure you will find something that is right for you. Our classes include:
- English for Specific Professional and Academic Purposes
Advance your academic and professional career with classes in Business English, Legal Writing, English for Science and Engineering, English for Art and Design, Job Search Skills, College Coaching and more!
- English Through Culture and Media
Learn English through the topics you love – from Food Culture, Popular Music, Film, Literature, to Broadway Musicals and more!
- Intensive Skill Practice in English
Get the skill practice you need to succeed in school and work – Academic and Public Speaking, Speech and Debate, Writing for Digital Media, Conflict Resolution and more.
See our full list of classes here.
Registration opens February 15, 2018. We look forward to seeing you soon!