Safe travels to all our summer 2017 students returning to their home countries or home universities. Our program has moved back to our permanent location in Wheeler Hall 119 and are busily working on class schedules and events for Summer 2018. Keep in touch via
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ucbsummerenglish/
- Twitter and Instagram: @sels_ucb
Let us know if there is a platform we should use to best keep in touch. You can email us at email@example.com (gmail). If you cannot send to gmail, please use firstname.lastname@example.org.
A transcript is an official document. It shows which classes you took at U.C. Berkeley and your grades in those classes. If you would like to order a transcript from Berkeley, please follow the steps below.
1. Wait until September 15th. If you order your transcript before then it will be blank.
2. Go to this website here.
3. Click on ‘Start my order’ at the top of the page.
4. Enter your personal information (name, address, phone number, email, etc.). You will need your student ID number to complete your order.
5. Review your personal information and confirm it is correct.
- when you want your transcript (now, later, etc.)
- the reason you need the transcript (for yourself, for employment, for graduate admission, etc.)
- your transcript type (Choose ‘summer only graduate’ if you only studied at Berkeley for the summer. Choose ‘undergraduate’ if you will continue at Berkeley in the fall.)
7. Choose the recipient (yourself, your school in your home country, etc.). You can choose more than one recipient.
8. Verify the recipient’s mailing address.
9. Choose your delivery method (PDF or printed copy sent by mail).
10. Confirm order and choose payment method. You’re done!
MONDAY: LAST DAY TO SIGN UP!
We are approaching the end of the SELS classes! If you are interested in receiving a certificate for the completion of ESL 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 or W9 course, please read carefully read and complete the request form. Requests are due by MONDAY, JULY 31 and payment dates are TUESDAY, JULY 25 – MONDAY, JULY 31, 11:00 AM ‐ 5:00 PM only.
This Friday learn about California culture, history, art, and natural sciences! There will be a DJ playing live funk and acrobat music and food trucks. Students can get in with your student ID for only $9!
Check out flyer for more details. See ya there!
Presenting … VARIETY SHOW!
It’s open to ALL students and faculty. Bring on your A-game, jokes, talents, or just yourself to this lively fun-filled event. You don’t want to miss this!
Check flyer for more details.
Contact email@example.com to sign up and more information. Hope to see you there!
Come stop by our SQUARE DANCING event, next Tuesday on August 1 from 7-9PM at 237 Hearst Gym!
Featuring live music performed by your SELS faculty and staff. No sign-ups necessary, just drop in and join the fun!
Looking for something to do on Sunday? Cal Sailing will be holding a FREE introductory sailboat ride this weekend: Sunday, July 23
Cal Sailing will offer FREE introductory sailboat rides to the general public aboard their fleet of keelboats and dinghies. Children must be at least 5 years of age and accompanied by an adult. Free rides available from 1-4pm.
It is recommended to arrive on the early side (1PM). Bus 51B (Be sure to get on the one heading to Berkeley Marina, not Amtrak) will get you to the Marina in 15 minutes from downtown Berkeley. Depending on the conditions and the amount of people, the sign-up/rides may end before 4pm.
Robert Wise, Jerome Robbins (Great Britain, United States, 1961)
West Side Story is the first of two films playing on the BAMPFA outdoor screen this summer in Screen Play: A Free Outdoor Festival of Theater on Film, presented in collaboration with Berkeley Rep and the Downtown Berkeley Association. Bring a blanket or lawn chair, and come early for live music with the All of Us trio playing favorites from the musical! Refreshments from Babette will be available.
“When you’re a Jet, you’re a Jet all the way . . .” In West Side Story , the gang’s all here: the Jets and their neighborhood nemesis the Sharks in the back alleys of late-fifties NYC. They’re finger-snappin’ tough and rowdy—JDs down to their white Ts and leather. And, sure, the beatings are backed by beats composed by Leonard Bernstein, and when they rumble, the stompin’ is to the so-cool choreography of Jerome Robbins. But the West Side is the domain of youth struggling with a “social disease” that’s part poverty, part parents, and part passion. West Side Story is the dizzying rush of youth that knows no bounds.
Saturday, July 29
8:00 Live music
8:30 Film screening (155 min.)
BAMPFA’s outdoor screen is on Addison Street at Oxford. Seating is on the (closed) street, so bring a lawn chair, cushion, or blanket!
Calling all performers:
Caught the theater bug? Want to sing for a crowd, not just in the shower? Proud of a story, poem or essay you crafted as part of your summer ESL class? Want to practice before posting your performance on YouTube? Sign up to perform in the first Summer ESL Variety Show!