A new course is now open:
Class Number: 14496
This course aims to help English language learners improve their command of vocabulary used in a variety of general business contexts. Students will read short articles, watch videos, and discuss topics of general interest from the world of business. Strategies for identifying, recording, and remembering vocabulary will be discussed.
Session E (July 29-August 15)
Registration for Summer 2019 courses is officially open!
Registration for visiting students began on 19 February 2019.
Please see UC Berkeley’s summer application page for application links and further details.
We look forward to welcoming you to Berkeley soon!
Goodbye to all our students from Summer 2018. We hope you had an enriching and enjoyable summer!
And hello to potential students for 2019. Please check back in October for a tentative list of classes.
A transcript is an official document. It shows which classes you took at U.C. Berkeley and your grades in those classes. If you would like to order a transcript from Berkeley, please follow the steps below.
1. Wait until September 15th. If you order your transcript before then it will be blank.
2. Go to this website here.
3. Click on ‘Start my order’ at the top of the page.
4. Enter your personal information (name, address, phone number, email, etc.). You will need your student ID number to complete your order.
5. Review your personal information and confirm it is correct.
- when you want your transcript (now, later, etc.)
- the reason you need the transcript (for yourself, for employment, for graduate admission, etc.)
- your transcript type (Choose ‘summer only graduate’ if you only studied at Berkeley for the summer. Choose ‘undergraduate’ if you will continue at Berkeley in the fall.)
7. Choose the recipient (yourself, your school in your home country, etc.). You can choose more than one recipient.
8. Verify the recipient’s mailing address.
9. Choose your delivery method (PDF or printed copy sent by mail).
10. Confirm order and choose payment method. You’re done!
Contact John McClain at email@example.com to sign up!
We are quickly approaching the end of the SELS classes! If you are interested in receiving a certificate of completion for an ESL 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, or W9 course, please carefully read and complete the request form linked here: https://tinyurl.com/selscert18.
Certificates will be $5 each.
Payments will be accepted at 119 Wheeler on:
Tuesday, July 31 – Thursday, August 2 and Monday, August 6
12 – 2PM, 4:30 – 5:30PM only.
Make sure you print out your email confirmation; no digital emails will be accepted.
Certificate pick-up dates will be on:
Wednesday, August 8, and Thursday, August 9
12 – 2PM, 4:30-5:30PM only
also at Wheeler 119.
Tonight is Group Appreciation Night — All students in our group get a free baseball cap!
- Group Appreciation Night caps will be available for pick up at a table on the View Level concourse at section 317.
- You can pick up your free Giants cap anytime between 5:15PM and the end of the 3rd inning.
- BRING YOUR TICKET to get your cap.
You are cordially invited to a Program Reception for students in Summer English Language Studies this Thursday, July 26, 2018 from 12:00 – 2:00 PM at Campanile Esplanade!
You can find further information in our Facebook event page: https://www.facebook.com/events/307057583170876/
If you are still interested in attending the baseball game on Thursday, July 26, 2018, now is your chance to purchase a ticket! Due to high demand, we have purchased more tickets, but only a limited amount, so come purchase one before it’s too late!
Ticket sales are from 12-2pm and 4:30-5:30pm at Wheeler 119.
Price: $20 per ticket. Please bring exact change.
Come play games with your friends and other Bay Area locals! It could be a game you made, a game you own or one from Games of Berkeley’s large game library. This event is open to anyone who loves games and wants to play with other like minded game lovers.
What: Tabletop Thursday
When: Thursday, July 19, 5pm – 9pm
Where: Games of Berkeley. Students will meet at the corner of Telegraph and Bancroft and walk to store together. They arrange their own way home after the event.
Cost: $5 cash redeemed for $5 store credit upon event exit
First 15 people only, sign-ups in Wheeler 119!
Have event-related questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org, or see www.gamesofberkeley.com for more info!